First Robins!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I glanced out the kitchen window just now and there are two big fat robins scratching around on a little patch of bare ground!
Yippee! :weee

With warming temps hopefully they will soon have more ground to choose from.

And my Snowdrops are once again exposed and looking no worse for the wear of the winter sequel. And AND I just saw a tulip bud by the front door!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle' , I wasn't sure that I wanted to read this.

I had a wave of jealousy hit me yesterday when I saw a pair of robins. They weren't in my neighborhood! No, they were north of Spokane, of all places. Not as far north as Deer Park, where it was -14°f less than 10 days ago. Still, you would have thought that we offer them a more hospitable environment ...

Hey! There are wind gusts of 35mph today. Maybe they blew over the Selkirks and that they are the same robins!

Steve
who hadn't seen a robin all winter, hasn't even seen a starling in weeks! i guess that's pretty much okay ...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle' , I wasn't sure that I wanted to read this.

I had a wave of jealousy hit me yesterday when I saw a pair of robins. They weren't in my neighborhood! No, they were north of Spokane, of all places. Not as far north as Deer Park, where it was -14°f less than 10 days ago. Still, you would have thought that we offer them a more hospitable environment ...

Hey! There are wind gusts of 35mph today. Maybe they blew over the Selkirks and that they are the same robins!

Steve
who hadn't seen a robin all winter, hasn't even seen a starling in weeks! i guess that's pretty much okay ...

She made me jump up out of the chair and look out all windows. Not a sign of a robin. Really, I have seen very few birds for months. I heard some doves and geese a few times. I am not sure, but I heard a raven. I guess they are ravens and not crows. The big black birds walking around town like they own the place. Aren't crows usually outside of town?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
She made me jump up out of the chair and look out all windows. Not a sign of a robin. Really, I have seen very few birds for months. I heard some doves and geese a few times. I am not sure, but I heard a raven. I guess they are ravens and not crows. The big black birds walking around town like they own the place. Aren't crows usually outside of town?

Usually ravens are much larger with a coarser head and beak. They are also more likely to be alone, whereas crows hang out in family groups.

Latest posts