Flies around house

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
read where you half fill a sealable plastic bag with water and 4-6 pennies. Hang it up, scares flies away.

Anyone try this? Love to sit outside but dang flies bite especially before a rain.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My daughter swears this works but it didn't for me. I have found the best thing to be flypaper. It is really gross but I'd rather have dead flies than ones landing on my food and beverages so after awhile you get where you don't notice them.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They really are cheap and they work for a long time. We have a lot less flies now. I even put them out on my porch by the backdoor and frontdoor.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vanilla "tree" car fresheners....they really do work! Up where I used to live, twice a year there is a HUGE fly hatch with hundreds of flies invading homes, cars, coops, barns, etc. The vanilla trees really ward them off from out of the car, homes, porches, and coops. Don't know why, but they hate them.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vanilla "tree" car fresheners....they really do work! Up where I used to live, twice a year there is a HUGE fly hatch with hundreds of flies invading homes, cars, coops, barns, etc. The vanilla trees really ward them off from out of the car, homes, porches, and coops. Don't know why, but they hate them.
I tried those and they didn't work for me.

Mary

Latest posts