1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Cleaning the Water Cooler - How do you clean yours?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Football commercial

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seedcorn, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Nov 13, 2017
    seedcorn

seedcorn Garden Master

NFL must be hurting. While watching college basketball, NFL had a commercial using a middle aged white woman saying she approved of her children playing football. Guessing viewing on TV is down. Between some players refusing to stand for national anthem, run in by players with law, and spousal abuse, middle America is not watching. I haven’t watched a single game and don’t plan on watching a game.

Interesting that nfl chose:
    A woman
    A white person
    Middle aged
    Dressed like middle America.
    Clearly well spoken with no dialect.

dickiebird and baymule like this.
  2. Nov 13, 2017
    Smart Red

Smart Red Garden Master

Hum-m-m-m-m. Interesting, indeed.

3. Nov 13, 2017
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Garden Master

I haven't seen that one Seed, I wonder if it is pointed more toward the risk of concussion in young people? If kids stop playing football the future fan base is decimated.

I still occasionally watch college and NFL games, but usually only if I have an interest in one of the teams. I never watch professional basketball and seldom men's college basketball. It's not the game I grew up with, it was once considered a non-contact sport and running with the ball without dribbling was a violation. I do enjoy women's basketball more, at least it is still a team game and not an attempt to ridicule your opponents with all the hotdoggng.

I know, an old out-of-touch fogey.

so lucky and seedcorn like this.
  4. Nov 13, 2017
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

I refuse to watch football games. I am angry at a batch of vastly over paid whining babies refusing to stand for the National Anthem of the country that has blessed them with so much. I am trying really hard here to leave out the cuss words that are reserved for low class (or NO class) morons like that. They are little better than the pile of dog poop I stepped in and scraped it off because I don't allow filth like that in my home. Likewise, I don't allow NFL filth in my home. 'Nuff said.

really proud of myself for not spewing what I REALLY think.........:lol:

5. Nov 13, 2017
    seedcorn

seedcorn Garden Master

I quit watching nba. College ball is being greatly influenced by nba. & not for the good.

These spoiled brats are killing the goose that lays gold eggs-both players, owners, & management.

baymule likes this.
  6. Nov 14, 2017
    bobm

bobm Garden Addicted

I quit watching nba games years ago. I quit watching nfl games this year because I will NOT support anyone or institution that disrespects OUR FLAG and what it stands for.

baymule, seedcorn and murphysranch like this.
  7. Nov 16, 2017 at 3:55 PM
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

Exactly. The latest incident of 3 UCLA players shoplifting in China is an embarrassment for the whole nation. What idiots. Maybe they should have been left to serve their 10 prison term.

Nyboy likes this.