For Sale Garden Hoses Cheap !!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yaay for you! I guess they didn't cut any electric line?

Oh, don't get rid of all your hoses NYboy, sometimes automated systems develop a glitch. ;)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did your landscape contractor install a water drain valve at the end of the underground irrigation line ? If not, have him do it as any water remaining in the line will freeze ( i'm pretty sure that water freezes quite frequently in winter time in N.Y. ) and burst ! :hu My sister had several lines burst in sunny Southern Cal. ... not fun at all . :rant

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a drain valve he showed me, but he closes down the system. He blows air thu all the pipes (hoses). Also a rain sencer(sp) system willn't come on if raining.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow a rain sensor? That's really cool!

Congrats on a super cool new system.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true in all states but new installs in FL require a rain sensor. After the thaw comes this Spring, you'll want to check all zones/heads. They often need the spray pattern readjusted after a long Winter. You'll also want to manually check each head a few times during the growing season to ensure they are working properly. Sprinkler heads often get knocked out of position during routine lawn maintenance, especially if you have commercial mowing equipment running over the lawn.

Latest posts