Forum Acccessibility

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know there's been discussion about this over on the chicken forum, tonight it hit here. I was unable to get to either forum (chicken or garden) around 8 pm tonight, for quite a while. Are they both hosted on the same server? Everything else worked, just these two sites....:barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ann, I was having that problem last night and then there was a message . . . something like, "obviously we are having problems but we're working on it."

I haven't had any trouble this evening and I've been fiddling around on "My Page" for awhile.

Steve

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I have both sites on the same server. Sorry for any inconvenience. Fortunately everything all day has been in the green and I hope to keep it that way!

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Am I the only one having trouble connecting to the forum or when finally getting it to open then can't get the threads to open. Sometimes it takes a long time or it times out. This has been doing this off and on for the last few days.

Annette

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That' a relief, I was beginning to think I had a problem with my computer, hope the powers that be pick up on it or does someone need to report it.

Annette

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Annette, I also experience that. It's not just this forum though, it's also other places on the internet. I don't know how much of it is my platform, my browser, or my internet connection speed. I don't know if the internet is getting bogged down with all the holiday shoppers. I have no doubt a lot of it is due to pop-ups and advertisements regardless of the time of the year. Automatic updates running in the background don't speed anything up any. It's not just the last few days but It does seem to be a little worse lately which makes me wonder if it has something to do with holiday shopping. Or is some malware out there spewing forth all kinds of traffic to help cause these problems by clogging up the intenet?

Sometimes I cannot get his site to open, I eventually get the message it's not available if I'm patient enough to wait. If I try a little later it usually works OK. It can get hung up going form one thread to another. Sometimes my typing gets ahead of what's on the screen. When the buffer clears I get really weird spacing and sometimes keystrokes are out of order. I don't type that fast though I'll admit I might hit the wrong key every now and then. But since the same kind of stuff happens other places I don't think it's this site.

I will admit to really hating pop-ups, especially on certain other sites. But advertising is what fuels the internet. I live with it. I have considered getting an expert to clean it up. There are programs you can run to clean up certain things but I think those are pretty automatic anymore. Cleaning out caches can help. But even when I do things I know to do (which isn't much) experts can find other things to make it better for a while.

And to think I used to enjoy getting cookies.