Forum Feature Spotlight: Drag & Drop Uploading

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
With the summer season just around the corner, we are sure that everyone's excited to just lie around and bask under the glorious heat of the sun.

To add more to your excitement (hopefully), we are going to highlight another feature of our new and improved TEG platform.

Ladies and gents, we would like to re-introduce you to the "Drag & Drop Uploading" feature.

What is the Drag & Drop Uploading feature?

The Drag & Drop Uploading feature lets you upload a picture or image in the TEG system by simply dragging and dropping the image from your computer's Documents folder to the TEG message window. It saves you the time and effort to click the "Upload File" and browse/search for the file manually. However, your browser must be able to support this feature in order for you to use this.

So, here is how you can do it:

1.) Choose the image in your file that you want to upload
1-png.2449

2.) Drag the image to your browser and drop it in the editor window.
2-png.2450

3.) Make sure the filename of the image is less than 100 characters or this error will appear.

3-png.2451

4.) After a few seconds, the image that you had just uploaded will now appear as an attached file.
4-png.2452

5.) Click "Full Image" to make your image appear in the editor window.

2014-06-05 10_29_11-Create Thread _ BackYardHerds.com.png

It's that simple guys.

P.S. Here's a tutorial on how to use the "Upload a File". You will surely enjoy the embedded instructional video here: http://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/how-to-upload-pictures-attachments-images.14554/

So, is the Drag & Drop Feature working for you? Try it out by replying to this thread with a picture of your garden!

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had just figured how to post pictures, now I have to learn a new way. :th Why is this computer stuff so hard for me? :hit I must be the least computer savvy here on TEg. :( Is there a prize for that? :)

Mary

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beautiful sunflower picture journey, and what a harvest :ep are those all tomatoes?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't get it to work. It keeps switching me to a new web page just showing the picture.
Don't worry Mary, we'll figure it out.
sFun_eatsthearrow.gif

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if it is browser specific? Which browser and version are y'all using?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm on the most recent version of Firefox.

Thanks @Wishin' , yeah those are all different heirloom tomatoes I grew a couple years ago. I didn't have any recent garden pics, so I just grabbed the first I could find.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol::th Why is this computer stuff so hard for me? :hit I must be the least computer savvy here on TEg. :( Is there a prize for that? :)

Mary[/QUOTE]
I couldn't give you a prize, so you'll have to settle for a "like" :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Crepe Myrtle June 2013.jpg

Yeah, ya' gotta wait a few minutes for it to show up. I dragged the picture over here, released it and got a white blank. Thought I had failed, so tried again and again. Uhhhh....they all showed up..... glad for the delete button. This is my crepe myrtle tree last summer.

Latest posts