Found something in a box

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH was messing around out in the garage and brought in a box. Inside were our work jackets packed since 1995. We were them all the time when we lived in Idaho but we moved to Iowa and the coats were not warm enough, so we packed them and wore insulated coveralls. Inside my pocket was 37 cents and in his was a pair of brown Jersey gloves with the red lining and that is what I wear doing my rabbit chores. I lived in this jacket walking greyhounds. Lost a lot of weight. DD was about 2 and would follow me on a toy 3 wheel bike.

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
001.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And the box followed you on, at least, 2 moves, GWR?

I have reason to reflect back on life. Of course, we are all perpetually on the verge of new pages in our lives. When we imagine that things are static is the times when we become rigid, brittle. We look up, or down, and see that there is just a number on this page and we may well be at the end - not just of the print but the chapter.

I was just reading an article from the Smithsonian magazine. Yesterday, there was some other news on the reconstruction of a skull long known to be from a "modern" human, but over 9,000 years old. This morning there is a new look at foot and hand prints in a hot spring in Tibet.

They are from a time past 7,400 years. What makes them especially significant is that they were found at 14,000 feet and so remote from lower elevations that those people who left them almost certainly didn't just happen to walk by. No, they must have lived somewhere nearby ...

My guess is that you didn't walk to Iowa and back ;).

Careful about wearing those light jackets after today! Temperatures may have just missed rising above freezing yesterday but by tomorrow, we will likely be back to single ..

. digitS' :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was packed in Idaho and 3 years later the box was moved from Iowa back to Idaho and two other houses before moving to this house in 2008. We are planning on cleaning that garage out this summer.