Free 2013 Bird Calendar from USDA

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The USDA is again offering it's free bird calendar called Backyard Biosecurity: Keeping Your Birds Healthy and it's filled with beautiful color photographs of birds. I found it somewhat difficult to get it ordered though, so I've posted instructions here: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com/2013/01/06/free-2013-bird-calendar/

Even with the instructions, the site seems incredibly slow and it's hard to wait, so best of luck in getting those 2013 calendars ordered! I think I've got two on the way :ya

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thanks for sharing this! I must pass it on!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep getting an error message, something about comments not allowed? All I'm doing is typing in my name and email address.

Mary

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hmm, didn't get that message - don't know how to help. That site sure seems difficult to work with. And it's our taxes funding it.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, that explains why I couldn't find it about 2 months ago. Thank you. The site is soooo slow. Make sure that you read the instructions. As is usual with bureaucrats, they've made it a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may have order it several times, or not at all. I slowly got through all the steps and then the cart changed to zero after I sent the last form. It may have gone through or may have just disappeared. I never got a confirmation at the site or in my e-mail. Figures the government would have the worst web site for ordering things. So I have none or many on the way as I kept trying.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may have gotten an order through. Or perhaps not. Or perhaps two orders, it's hard to tell.

I was doing other things so the lengthy time wasn't an issue. I thought I'd finished the order and pressed send. Don't remember seeing a cart at all. Then quite a while later I saw the send box still there so I pressed it again. While waiting for the page to change, I noticed a small note at the bottom stating that my order had gone through. I sure hope I only get one order.

Love, Smart Red.

Latest posts