Free Barn Cats NY

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to get about a dozen of the feral cats for FREE from Fresno County Pound every 6 months as that was their lifespan due to coyotes. Then the rescues drove out the county operation and they started to charge me $50 dollars, then within a year they wanted $150 each.So I turned to warfarin laced grain from the Ag. Extention for rodent control. When the Hmong Refugees first arrived in Fresno, Cal. from Viet Nam, the rescue noticed a drastic reduction of stray dogs and cats. They found out the dog and cats were free for the taking so was a great source of proteen for a traditional table fare, so the rescue started a campaign to stop the practice by saying that this was inhumane. It passed and carried a $500 fine if convicted. And the beat goes on.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are plenty of free dogs on CL so they will continue to eat.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Key west is know for its wild chickens, they are everywhere. Certain group of people would trap and eat them. Residents thinking if chickens where not running around downtown tourist would stop coming, made it illegal.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are plenty of free dogs on CL so they will continue to eat.
I haven't seen a newspaper or CL add for a free dog or cat in years. The animal rights people do a bang up job to keep it that way too. They also go around to the feed stores to take down the free postings and/ or go to the owner and "adopt" the animal offered for free. Then they place an " adoption fee" for that animal when the public goes to "adopt" it at their rescue.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here on CL in pet section there is a warning about free kitten and puppies used as giant snake food. People with boas and python rather then buy feeder rats and rabbits feed them free kittens.

Latest posts