Freeze THEN can?

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm getting a lot of veggies a little at a time. I end up putting them all in the freezer (blanch, bag & drop in the deep freeze) because I don't have more than a few pints at a time.

I find I'm getting a freezer full of stuff over time. So, now that I have three gallons of beans, could I take them out of the freezer and can them? I want to have more stuff that's safe from a power outage (having lived through hurricane Katrina.) I love my freezer, but in the even of an extended power outage, I'd be screwed.

Cassandra

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
I find I'm getting a freezer full of stuff over time. So, now that I have three gallons of beans, could I take them out of the freezer and can them?
Sure, you betcha, no problem. Lots of people do that with tomatoes. With green beans, other than they might end up a tad softer if you've blanched them before freezing, it will work fine (I am told - I've never had enough freezerspace to do it myself. TIL NOW, mwahahaha, as we just got a 13 cu ft chest freezer delivered on friday <g>).

Pat

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congrats on the freezer!! :)

I got a chest freezer about 4 years ago, and I don't know what I did without it. It's sooo cool....in more ways than one!....and I'm not over being proud of it yet! :D

Latest posts