from 'comunity garden' - into 'first try at a garden'..

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck :gig

You may be right! Even better is standing on the other side of the 'mater/cuke mess - on one foot, knee bent to get low enough to reach, other leg out behind for balance, one hand on the bucket (another attempt at balance) and reaching into the jungle to get at that dark shiny spot that MUST be a cuke.. somewhere back there.... s t r eeeee a c h......
My Summer Fitness Plan at work !! :weight :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't feel bad about the wild jungle your garden has turned into. I kinda like uncontrolled chaos. :lol: As long as you are picking fresh vegetables, then let the garden grow wild! I have a tendency to cram things together, but it seems to work for me.

Extra squash--get a Food Saver and vacuum seal it and put in the freezer. It tastes marvelous in December! Frozen squash is mushy, but is good lightly steamed in butter and garlic or sliced onions. :drool If you like fried squash, slice it, freeze it, take it out and let it thaw. Water will be in the bag. Cut the top off the bag, drain water, squeeze the squash and drain more water. Twist the bag, wringing out the water from the squash until not much water is dripping from the bag. Roll in cornmeal and fry. It will be crispy and delicious!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's funny stuff Cane!! I know a few people who start cucumbers indoors. I could never figure out why. I just stick the seeds in the ground and RUN!

Latest posts