valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
From this ~
image.jpg

11 months later
snowboardmiracle_si.jpg

As Canadian snowboarder Mark McMorris stood on an Olympic podium near Pyeongchang, South Korea Sunday to receive a bronze medal, he hinted that his thoughts were not about his performance, but how he got there in the first place.

"I probably shouldn't be here," McMorris told The Associated Press. "I need to pinch myself a little bit."

McMorris, 24, was awarded his second Olympic bronze medal when he finished third in the men's slopestyle event. He won his first bronze medal during the very same competition in Sochi, Russia in 2014.

An amazing story @ 'I Will Never Take Another Day on This Earth for Granted': Olympic Medalist Mark McMorris' Miracle Comeback Inspires Fans Around the World | CBN News

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
"I definitely had those thoughts that it wouldn't be reality," McMorris toldESPN. ) "I kind of have a different outlook on life now. To land a good run and stand on the podium again, it definitely feels special. Yeah, it's definitely a miracle, and I'm really thankful."

It was a comeback of epic proportions. A mere 11 months ago, McMorris nearly lost his life in a snowboarding accident in British Columbia. The Saskatchewan native was working on a film project with friends last March in a remote area when he crashed into a tree.

When he woke up from a medically induced coma, he took stock of what had happened to him. McMorris was dealing with a collapsed lung, 17 broken bones, including a broken jaw and a fractured left arm, plus a ruptured spleen.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amazing story, I watched the Winter Olympics with my dad and family when I was young , and with my own family since then. I enjoy the personal stories and all that goes along with the olympics. Been a little busy but have watched quite a bit of the games so far. McMorris is a great story.

Latest posts