Fruit Press Missing Part I did it !!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a small used fruit press off ebay. I wanted to see if I would use it before spending money on a big one. When I unpacked it, found the round block of wood that does pressing is missing. Need to find thick piece of wood and someone who can cut it. DAM

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well of course it is! Just your kind of luck. Sorry. And do report it. You should not be expected to pay for something incomplete. (You might reread the description 1st and be sure they did not mention missing part.) Good luck with the fix.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did reread seller covered themselves, said never use one, so don't know if anything missing. I can have piece made it is just a cirlue of wood.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have 5/4 rough sawn oak. I'm sure there is a piece around that would work, planed down to an inch or so. I made a cheese press once so I know the piece doesn't need to be exact, but do need a pretty close measurement for it to work well.

This is band saw -- not the only, but the easiest way I have to make a circle.

images

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't offering to sell you the bandsaw, @Nyboy, just showing you what I use to made circles of oak. Did that post look like a CL add to you?

And no, if used properly it is no more dangerous than any power tool -- that 'new' tractor of yours included.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
That bandsaw is so easy to use ... I used one similar to that one as a Soph. in High School wood shop to carve out a 12" x 12" trotting horse figurine, plus a clock and a recessed light that throws a shadow onto the wall that is over 4' tall from a laminated block of walnut wood that is the base . Today, it sits on our fireplace and we have diplayed it with the light on to cast the horse shadow onto the wall almost daily since I built it. :)