FS in Delaware DR. MARTIN LIMA BEAN SEEDS

allenlighthouse

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I HAVE DR MARTIN LIMA BEANS FOR SALE. THESE ARE A EXTREMELY LARGE BEAN ABOUT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER WHEN PICKED. THEY ARE POLE VARIETY AND ARE SPACED SIX FEET APART. THESE SEED ARE VERY RARE AND HARD TO COME BY. ten SEEDS FOR $ 5.00 PLUS SHIPPING. THANKS FOR TAKING A LOOK

njhilbilli

Sprout
Reaction score
Hard to come by !! Try virtually impossible ! AAW, shucks! Where were you a month ago. My searching yielded nothing, except...
Burpee marketed (this year? - I'd never seen it before) a lima they call "Big Mama". It sounded just like the good Doctor, so I got enough for three seasons (fail safe). Would you be interested in a fair trade, just for research... If we can prove Burpee hijacked the breed, imagine the lawsuit :lol !!
If not, do you think you'll have 'em again next year? I wouldn't want to get a mixed breed in the next generation.
For anyone else interested, go for it!! I had these for about five years, until the mice wiped out my seed stock. My best gardening buddy (doesn't everybody have one?) moved upstate, and he lost his stock that year, too. Been grieving for two years, 'cause those were magnifique - five of 'em makes a meal! Heavy yielder, too. Only 16% made it to the table, 'cause they're delicious raw, too.

allenlighthouse

Leafing Out
Reaction score
i have been growing dr martins for years
got my seeds from a guy from church, actually 24 plants, he told me to plant them six feet apart. of cource i didn't
listen about two feet apart, what a jungle, what a mess.
i try to save at least a quart sized zip lock bag every fall to use for myself and to trade, i usually wind up giving them away
Allen

justusnak

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Allen, I would love to get some of those seeds!! Please...tell me you still have some!! :D