Fungicides

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, I was reading about how organic vegetables are so healthy and how fruits and vegetables sprayed with fungicides are so bad. I just realized Promix has biofungicide. Trying to make this short and make sense, but fruit and vegetables sprayed with fungicides kill the cancer fighting properties of the food, THEY SAY. Is there a difference in fungicides and biofungicides? If I start these seeds in this and then transplant to different potting soil, are these seedlings passing this fungicide
025849202217.jpg
to the fruit later or how long does it stay in the seeding if transplanted to a different potting soil? Have I missed this and all potting soils have biofungicides? Well reading more, so biofungicides can be used by organic farmers? I know this Promix is not organic. This is the one I bought.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
love to read everyone’s response here.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
bacteria and fungi give off compounds of which some are indeed fungicides. this is natural to them. i'm not sure what your question is really getting at. different plants can encourage or discourage fungi and bacteria from what they give off from the roots. they will do better or worse depending upon the species they're interacting with.

transference to any new area would be possible, but i can imagine that like with any attempt to innoculate an area you are looking at how well the native species mix will compete against the innoculated species. some may persist and others may not. perhaps the soil you're moving the plants into has limited species to begin with and there are many suitable niches for the new ones? then some will persist. without actually taking samples and doing measurements you won't really know.

to avoid a lot of testing and fiddling around you can just use a good mix of organic materials in your gardens and let the worms, bacteria, fungi and the rest of the soil community sort things out as the plants grow. they've been doing it for millions of years and as of yet i see no signs they're defective in their approaches.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, I was reading about how organic vegetables are so healthy and how fruits and vegetables sprayed with fungicides are so bad. I just realized Promix has biofungicide. Trying to make this short and make sense, but fruit and vegetables sprayed with fungicides kill the cancer fighting properties of the food, THEY SAY. Is there a difference in fungicides and biofungicides? If I start these seeds in this and then transplant to different potting soil, are these seedlings passing this fungicideView attachment 30951 to the fruit later or how long does it stay in the seeding if transplanted to a different potting soil? Have I missed this and all potting soils have biofungicides? Well reading more, so biofungicides can be used by organic farmers? I know this Promix is not organic. This is the one I bought.
How do you know it is not organic? I will check my label.

https://www.homefortheharvest.com/promix-soil-best-potting-soil-mix/

https://agriculture.basf.com/us/en/...VTgOGCh1ljApvEAAYASAAEgJjSvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just assumed it was not organic since they do make one that is organic and it has the wetting agent in it. Whatever it is, my plants look great this year just sprouting but they look really good.

Latest posts