Garden Bling

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wanted to show you guys the cute little solar garden mushrooms I made with glass bowls and vases from the Goodwill. I bought a 12 pack of small solar lights at Walmart. Filled the vases with glass marbles from the dollar store. That helps give them weight and stability as well as sparkle. GE Silicone 2 caulk holds the bowls on.

The little teal jars were also from the dollar store. Gonna hang them in a bush, I think. I would have bought a bunch, but they only had 3. Gonna keep checking.

20180524_231800.jpg
20180524_231828.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you find that the glue doesn't hold up through time give shoe goo a go... seems a lot tougher, but it is also harsher (more fumes) to use. i'm not sure how it will fare with sun exposure. almost everything plastic has trouble with sun degrading it.

another approach i'm thinking about is using a drill bit for going through glass and using stainless steel wire.

so far we have so many ornaments that fall apart within a year or two that it is a major maintenance item to keep some of them going, repaired, repainted, etc.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Still hanging in @Nyboy , passed the two to three months they gave me and now the year with treatment. My GP said you sure like making liars out of us :).
I have some days when things aren't great I just sit in front of the TV or sit at the computer bugging you guys, but hey last month I washed the kitchen ceiling, still making meals and swabbing the decks. I'm pretty good in the house, it's when I'm outside I'm a little wobbly on my feet.
As long as I'm waking up on this side of the grass I'll keep on trucking. I go for another MRI next month so I'll know more then after my oncologist phones, he's down island from me in Victoria.
My New Yorker's are looking good but probably won't have ripe tomatoes until August.

Annette

Latest posts