Garden on the forest edge.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
For many days and miles we traveled with map in hand to find a special place for us. When you live in a big city, you want a more nature and less people.
Sometimes you just have to take a boat and leave paddles on shore. It is necessary to go with the flow of a river and think about what you want. Once we saw the road, which was not on the map. And it has led us to where we built the house.
The average temperature in summer +25C, winter – 20C (77 / -4F)
Last summer was cold and rainy. But the garden is good in any weather.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, @Larisa, for that beautiful montage of your garden. The photos of nature and the soothing music were just what I needed this morning.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our village is located on the mountain. More than 300 million years ago there was the sea.
003.jpg
Legacy - lime, clay. Biohumus (good land) - 11.8 inch.
The soil is a complex, self nothing grows. Only weeds grow well. If you plant, you need a good compost and other earth. Compost I do myself, another land and manure we buy.

But this makes good growth. All week, we work and we can go by car early Saturday morning to Sunday evening. The garden is always a lot of work, but it's fun.

So we met in May.
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_6117.JPG

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pulsatílla. Dream- grass. Mystic plant for the ancient Slavs. Placed under the pillow when you have to wake up early without an alarm clock or a dream to see that the future will show.
24.jpg
IMG_0386.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, wow!!

What a great introduction to a place in Russia!

The Europeans do this, much more so than North Americans. They have what we might call a cabin, cabana, chalet - a weekend place. Often, it's just off in the country - not a lake or skiing resort kind of place, at all.

Steve