1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Member's New Trailer - The Tools & Supplies Discussion Thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Garden Plan!!

Discussion in 'Lawns & Landscaping' started by James S. Kersten, Jan 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jan 21, 2019
    James S. Kersten

James S. Kersten Garden lurker

Hi all,

I'm a businessman. I'm planning for a garden-project in my office. I need a garden that includes a variety of seasonal plants and a mini landscape. I hired landscaping services from Mississauga and they told me that it is possible to set a landscape in my office area. They shared landscape ideas and I fixed one design.
    I don't have a large area to set all my needs. So my intention is to set a small garden and a nice landscape in an attractive style. I need to include some plants which make my customers attractive so that it will create an eco-friendly atmosphere. I need a garden plan or ideas that will be suitable for a small front portion of my office.
    Please do share your ideas.

Ridgerunner likes this.
  2. Jan 21, 2019
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Garden Master

:frow Welcome to the forum, glad you joined! :frow

I'm not much on indoor gardening but we have all kinds of people on here. How big is that area and how much light will you have? A photo might be a lot of help. What are the elements of the design you fixed? Will it be containers or some kind of bed? Any information might help.

3. Jan 22, 2019
    margali

margali Attractive To Bees

Hi! Welcome to the forum.

Also, what office purpose does the area serve? Waiting room, waiting and reception, etc? That may change things up.
    Is there anyone in your office with allergies?

Ridgerunner likes this.
  4. Jan 23, 2019
    Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Garden Ornament

And pics or floorplan? Lightsource?

5. Jan 24, 2019
    ducks4you

ducks4you Garden Master

East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
    :welcome from Central IL!
    ANY plant indoors gets less light than one outdoors Even If it sits next to a south facing window. You will want Low Care plants. If you visit any offices that have indoor plants you will want the same ones. Many tropical shade loving plants work very well inside, some don't. I was growing a palm that I got on clearance. I could only put it next to a north facing window, which we had until we moved the office to a complex where we have no windows at all. It did pretty well but it didn't really thrive. I gave it away to one of my new neighbors (2016), who took it home.
    The only plants that flower that I can guarantee will do well, from my own experience of bringing annuals inside during the winter, are impatiens, wax begonias and geraniums. This link might help:
    https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ho...ts-good-plants-for-the-office-environment.htm