Garden Update

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Things are progressing nicely in the gardens. Thank goodness for spring break, it has allowed me the much needed time to catch up on the planting, weeding, repairing drip lines, etc. Their are already small zucchini, squash, tomatoes and peppers appearing on the plants.

Pictures from today:

blog5.jpg

blog4.jpg

blog3.jpg

blog2.jpg

blog1.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, everything looks so green and lush, Beavis. Those irises are really beautiful. I don't think there's anything in the world that smells sweeter than an iris...

I have almost nothing planted right now because of this incessant rain. We've had literally 4 dry days in the past 6 weeks and the ground can't dry out enough to till. I will definitely be putting in more raised beds this year so that I'll never have this problem again. No-till and they dry out faster, which gives you such a good advantage over this kind of weather. I have onions and garlic in...that's it. And that's because I put them in a raised bed! :rolleyes:

You have a wonderful set up! Keep the pictures coming! :happy_flower

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looks AMAZING!!! And I love your hand tool mailbox... that's the cutest thing!
I hope you have a produce-filled season!!

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment Journey.

If you noticed in some of the pictures, I added on new wood to existing beds to make them taller. Now most of the beds are a good foot deep. A lot of work to build and fill, but its already paying off dividends.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SweetMissDaisy said:
Looks AMAZING!!! And I love your hand tool mailbox... that's the cutest thing!
I hope you have a produce-filled season!!
I never lose my pruners and trowel anymore, because they now live in the mailbox. :D

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed the newly added lumber to the beds, too! I did this to one of mine recently as well.... it was a 6" high bed, and we added a 2x4 to give it a bit more height. Love your beds... they look so nice, and like that you use straw between the beds. That's what I did last year, and now that I have more beds in place, need to do that again this year. But, need to find straw locally first .... it's a rare thing here until fall when Halloween decor is out and about.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You really rock, do you know that!? Your garden always looks so fabulous :) I'm so jealous! :love

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wonderful! I love the picture where your dog is playing the role of lawn ornament!

Latest posts