Gardens, Grandkids, and Homeschooling

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When we first moved next door so our Daughter and her husband and kids could look after us
because of health problems, we had no idea how well it would work for all of us!
We have found that they have valued our years of gardening experience, and after 4 years
they (we all) have a healthy thriving little garden, that is free of chemicals, not only have the grandkids
pitched in to help, they have incorporated what they learned into their homeschool.
6364_100_0398.jpg

They have learned to share with neighbors, take garden scraps to their chickens, log progress,
and in their little home class room, they have learned to help build a group on facebook
that allows people to join free, and to buy and sell their used school books ,so I
guess we can add enterprising to their list!!
If anyone wants to, we can use a lot of people to join and start buying and selling their
good used school materials, with no cost ..also you can look for things your homeschoolers can
use. We are so small, and need a lot more members in order for them to succees..be sure to take a look!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/381228548592799/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/381228548592799/

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
They look very happy with their bounty! And what a great way to re-use what can be very expensive classroom materials. Best wishes for you!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Darling girls! What a neat opportunity that is for all of you! I envy you for having this great access to your grandkids. I only get to see mine once a year for a few days as they live 1000 miles away.
Nice tomatoes too. Coveting, coveting, coveting...:bun

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
peteyfoozer said:
Darling girls! What a neat opportunity that is for all of you! I envy you for having this great access to your grandkids. I only get to see mine once a year for a few days as they live 1000 miles away.
Nice tomatoes too. Coveting, coveting, coveting...:bun
Thank you (er the youngest is a boy:)) . It sure has turned out to be a blessing for all of us!! We have 2 more that live several states away ,also, they spend hours n the phone with us every week, but we dont get to see them nearly enough.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My bad! I didnt look closely, and we have all girls so I had girls on the brain. If he was makin muscles in the background there i would have noticed! LOL My apologies to that fine young man.
I saved the link and will pass it along to our 'honorary' kids (not really related, but we claim them anyway) who are going to be visiting and homeschool. Great ideas, thanks

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
peteyfoozer said:
My bad! I didnt look closely, and we have all girls so I had girls on the brain. If he was makin muscles in the background there i would have noticed! LOL My apologies to that fine young man.
I saved the link and will pass it along to our 'honorary' kids (not really related, but we claim them anyway) who are going to be visiting and homeschool. Great ideas, thanks
no apology needed :lol::lol: and thanks for passing along our link!!!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I congratulate them on their new enterprise! I have a large box of curriculum left. Maybe we could discuss my donating it to their cause?