Garlic

MarkR

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
With our warm spell, I didn't get the garlic in until the first week of November. They're all poking up they're little green heads now. Can't wait for next summer. Yummmmmm.

They're a mix of hardneck and softneck from the grocery store mostly.

So, who else loves growing garlic.

Mark

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I do, I planted five different types this season. I lost every single one last season due to the warm January and then hard freeze - same thing that did in our bees :/ But this is a different year, hopefully I won't be buying garlic again next season! I love having garlic around, also onions, and leeks.

Smitty's Farm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Garlic is the one thing missing from my garden. We love it and cook with it all the time. It seems like we are soooo busy in the fall when it's time to plant it with school starting, my daughter's b-day, and soccer games. I must try to be more organized in the future.

country freedom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Chicken_Boy said:
I am currently growing garlic right now.
But I plant mine different then every body else.
How do you plant your garlic? I thought there was just one way.

MarkR

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I would think the climate difference would make how you plant it much different. Here in Virginia, generally we plant the 3rd or 4th week of October. It sprouts, goes dormant, generally gets shoved back in the ground after the thaw (because of frost heave), and harvested the following summer. Arizona, though, might have very different seasons. I know in warmer climates, they grow it a lot quicker. What's your zone Chicken Boy?

Mark

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
country freedom said:
Chicken_Boy said:
I am currently growing garlic right now.
But I plant mine different then every body else.
How do you plant your garlic? I thought there was just one way.
I get a big bowl of water and put the garlic in there till they start rooting. Then I plant them. I think its much faster. :D

mudmum

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I plant mine in around my veggies and an Italian friend told me to also plant a clove in a plastic pot filled with rich soil and compost so im trying that too.
I eat fresh garlic once a week and I stink right now.
Whenever I eat lots of it I also crave chocolate!

Latest posts