gazebo

WatsonSamantha

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I want to arrange a small gazebo where I could celebrate some events on special days and in the summer I want to go out there to drink coffee in the morning.I would also like to always see cakes with whipped cream there,they are very sweet and even sugar does not need to be put in coffee.What kind of gazebo would you recommend?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
cakes with whipped cream there,they are very sweet and even sugar does not need to be put in coffee
Would you accept a placebo in place of your cake in the gazebo?

;) Comfort. That's what is wanted from your gazebo. Functionality should be secondary.

Here are some guidelines for what not to do with such a gazebo. Don't site it next to a paved driveway where the summer sunshine bakes those inside. Keep it away from a garage/workshop where the table is likely to be engaged as an outdoor workbench. A heavy table is okay but steel chairs too heavy for any but people trained in weightlifting should be avoided. Pleasant colors are preferable to charcoal grey.

Steve 💐

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Would you accept a placebo in place of your cake in the gazebo?

;) Comfort. That's what is wanted from your gazebo. Functionality should be secondary.

Here are some guidelines for what not to do with such a gazebo. Don't site it next to a paved driveway where the summer sunshine bakes those inside. Keep it away from a garage/workshop where the table is likely to be engaged as an outdoor workbench. A heavy table is okay but steel chairs too heavy for any but people trained in weightlifting should be avoided. Pleasant colors are preferable to charcoal grey.

Steve 💐

i'm getting hints of "having learned from experience" in this reply there @digitS' ... :) :) :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my recommendation is a nice sturdy blanket and a basket instead. seriously. after living here with tons and tons (literally) of hardscape and various decorations and things it would be so nice to have more spots to just take a blanket out for a picnic and not also have to take things soft enough to sit on... so to my list above also add a few comfy ground pillows.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are going to build your own, Strombergs offers a star plate kit that takes the guess work out of cutting the angles for the frame. Just google Star plate kit and you should find it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m envious. Love the look of gazebos. Love the idea behind gazebos. Hate that (here) mosquitos make them useless.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good idea re stromberg's kits; you can get them on Ebay on the cheap.
I didn't know that, thanks for the information. I dream about building one, but have so many other things ahead of that project, it is very likely to remain a dream for quite some time. LOL

I’m envious. Love the look of gazebos. Love the idea behind gazebos. Hate that (here) mosquitos make them useless.
SKEETERS!! :tongue

Latest posts