Geraniums?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, these are not my favorite flower- but sometimes they are just right for a certain spot. I had 4 plants in a planter, under my climbing rose, when it was done blooming. We have had frost a bunch of times, and son of a gun, these things still look great! I have brought them inside. I know they tend to get leggy, but I bet you guys know how to make new spring plants with them???? Do I start now? Remember, I am along way from spring planting- like 7 months. Thanks for the help!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

If you are not fond of Geraniums you should do yourself the biggest favor in the world and try to grow some Scented Geraniums. Then you will absolutely fall in love! I am serious.

I am not too keen on the Citronella because it is so strong, but it does do a wonderful job in the garden against mosquitoes. I recommend the Rose Geraniums and how about those Apricot Geraniums.

Here are the 21 varieties that will Blow your Mind and open your Heart to a new world of Geraniums! :throw

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/pelargoniums.htm

Ron

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, so I won't use rooting hormone, but do I start the cuttting's now for spring, or should I wait??? I don't want the new plants to be leggy...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ron, you are so right- I did try a scented geranium this summer and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the frost got to it, before I did. But, I will look forward to trying them again next year!! That site is very cool. I'm going to run out to the garden and see if I can still harvest some leaves for their scent....(they don't look good, but I bet they still smell good..) Thanks!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Greensage45 said:
Hi,

If you are not fond of Geraniums you should do yourself the biggest favor in the world and try to grow some Scented Geraniums. Then you will absolutely fall in love! I am serious.

I am not too keen on the Citronella because it is so strong, but it does do a wonderful job in the garden against mosquitoes. I recommend the Rose Geraniums and how about those Apricot Geraniums.

Here are the 21 varieties that will Blow your Mind and open your Heart to a new world of Geraniums! :throw

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/pelargoniums.htm

Ron
They come in CITRONELLA?!?!?!? I'm gettin' some!! :celebrate

Latest posts