"GOOD CHICKEN RECIPE" I'm always looking for them !!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi there! :frow

I am a great fan of chicken as a quick & tasty meal. So finding a new angle is good news. I made this last night & I wish I had left overs but I ate the lot!! :lol: YOU MUST TRY IT!! I can't wait to try some variations...!! Also children REALLY will like it -- for ONCE I can say that, hand on heart!
I had it with slices of zucchini that I also dredged in cornflour & fried. It was so good & was prepared, cooked (& eaten :lol: ) in minutes. It would be so easy & delicious for large family parties.

http://www.fortysomething.ca/2009/03/chicken_katsu.php#more

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!! :celebrate

:rose Hattie :rose

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My, all time, favorite chicken recipe....

Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Makes: 4 servings

1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
2 tbs all purpose flour
4 bone-in chicken breast halves
2 tbs olive oil
2 small red onions, cut into quarters
1 lb new potatoes, cut into quarters
8 oz. whole baby carrots (about 16)
1 1/2 c. chicken stock
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs oregano (fresh/chopped)*
1 tbs tyme (fresh/chopped)*

*I substitute dried when out of fresh

(1) Heat oven to 350*F. Combine black pepper, paprika and flour. Coat the chicken with flour mixture.
(2) Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
(3) Add the onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, stock, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.
(4) Bake at 350*F for 20 minutes. Uncover the skillet and bake for 15 minutes or until chiken is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Sprinkle with the tyme....and enjoy.

CrestedHorizonPoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I would like to learn how to can chicken. I just bought some Cornish X chicks to fatten out. I will be watching for those good recipes.

Latest posts