Got a lot done today... pictures of the yard.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
http://fromseed.blogspot.com/

:weee :weee :weee

Sorry, LOTS of pictures so I uploaded them all there. I did a LOT of mulching today, and I think it made all the difference. Tons of things in blooms... and check out my tomatoes and veggie garden!!! It's like everything just exploded in growth lately.

Anyways... notice the finished front porch. Its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ya :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya

:happy_flower Hooray things are actually getting close to finished!!!!!!! :happy_flower

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:thumbsup Great job vfem!!

Oh yeah i love how that porch is looking.
Nice flowers you have there.

Are you going to plant more near the porch?

It looks great!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
Are you going to plant more near the porch?
I sure am... I am just not planting anything more until the siding is done. I've had several plants get crushed and killed in the last couple of weeks from people treading through my flower beds.

The west side of the house will be done in a couple weeks I hope. I'm planning on planting shrubs there to help with the a/c bill by shading the a/c unit. I am also transplanting a jasmine vine to that side of the house to climb the porch all the way to the roof.

I'm putting in a large garden in the back as well that won't be in a raised bed... but I want to create a screen for the back deck for some privacy from my neighbors for those summer nights while we're drinking and BBQin'.

Lots of plans... its just super important to finish the siding before we do anything else.

Thanks for the compliments.... I'm still shocked there wasn't 1 single plant on this property when we moved in on May 31st 2008.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Fantastic stuff! I am so jealous of your front porch, it's beautifu and huge! I wish I had one of those. And I love the look of your wrought-iron fencing around the garden. Much more chic than my hardware cloth and wood! :happy_flower

You reminded me that I need to get my blog updated, too. My parents and in-laws always check the progress on Sundays. Guess they will have to check back tomorrow! :tools

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:clap :clap :clap Very Very Nice, it is all coming together for you very well :clap :clap
You and DH have done some fine and hard work :tools And the pay off is showing :ya

And Happy 1st Anniversary at your Home :rose

It is all looking Beautiful :rainbow-sun

:happy_flower Karan :D

Latest posts