Green Chocolate

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've gotten into this kick recently where we are making spinach dip a lot and using it as a meal replacement.

the other day we agreed that Green Chocolate is the right term for this :).

sour cream, mayo, a little whole milk yogurt, vegetable dip mix, spinach (cooked some and squeezed a bit), water chestnuts cut up to make the chunks smaller.

recipe is adjustable as you'll notice i didn't put down measurements, but it is on the package of the vegetable dip mix and can be found on-line.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you dipping something in it?

Chips. I can imagine bread sticks or sourdough if it is hot and sorta like a fondue ... then again, I've wondered before about our shared taste in things :oops:.

DW used my recipe for rhubarb bread this morning. It's made with yogurt and instant coffee granules.

Steve
with some tortilla chips and artichoke/jalapeño dip from the store. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you dipping something in it?

Chips. I can imagine bread sticks or sourdough if it is hot and sorta like a fondue ... then again, I've wondered before about our shared taste in things :oops:.

DW used my recipe for rhubarb bread this morning. It's made with yogurt and instant coffee granules.

Steve
with some tortilla chips and artichoke/jalapeño dip from the store. :)

Mom is on anti-carb diet lately so she has a limited number of crackers she can have each day.

i am not counting carbs like she is, i'm just trying to limit how much i cram down my gullet. :)

i will not keep corn chips in the house, i'm mostly immune to potato chips, i'm not all that fond of pretzels, crackers of various kinds are potential problems, but i've got some pita chips that are satisfying in small amounts so i've settled on them recently. we normally have some multi-grain crackers on hand but i find them too sweet.

yeah, from me that's hard to believe, but after several years of scaling back how much sugar i'm eating i really notice quite a difference. we picked up some wheat thins a few weeks ago and those tasted very sweet to me.

between the two of us Mom is the junkfood junkie. i don't even buy the stuff other than chocolate and brown sugar i'd probably not buy too many other sweet things. peanut butter is my achilles heel. i often put peanut butter in my oatmeal and sometimes add a bit of brown sugar, but i really notice that now whereas before i'd put on a lot more and not really notice it at all.

sorry, i'm going on here, :) it's a slow day...

rhubarb bread with coffee added flavoring, hmm, would try and the dip and chips for sure. all good stuff.

my last roommate at college had this habit of each evening making a plate of melted chips with cheese on them - i really porked out that year. :(

Latest posts