Green Grass Paint?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just saw an ad for a product that is used to paint dry dead brown grass green.

:th

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen that done before. Many houses for sale is dry areas of the country get a coat of paint on the grass to improve curbside appeal. I don't know if the paint is "GREEN" ecologically, but the grass looks great and never needs mowing.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You may be right So Lucky, depending on the contents of the lawn paint.

But lawns. I think are overrated. A lawn does have its place, but I really feel that in a typical yard around a house, lots of houses could use much less lawn.

Letting the beds of plants and landscape encroach into former lawn territory until the lawn is more of a path through the landscape is my idea of beauty.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
You may be right So Lucky, depending on the contents of the lawn paint.

But lawns. I think are overrated. A lawn does have its place, but I really feel that in a typical yard around a house, lots of houses could use much less lawn.

Letting the beds of plants and landscape encroach into former lawn territory until the lawn is more of a path through the landscape is my idea of beauty.
YES! Marshall has the right Idea. :thumbsup

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a big unnecessary lawn. If I had my way, we would plant it all in fruit trees, garden, and pasture for a cow we don't have (yet) :tools. Oh, and some flowers, to feed my soul.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a huge yard. If I could do what I wanted with it, I would plants sugar maples, buckeyes, and tulip trees and let the forest move in a little more. But the landowner keeps cutting the forest further back and making the yard bigger. Darn you landowner!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed Obsessor, I sure hope you become a landowner. You have the right idea!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Marsh, I plan on it too. I've been doing good so far, the only thing I'll spend money on are seeds. Haven't bought any useless junk yet! :)

Latest posts