canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
t117008[1].gif
Welcome to the Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey @Home on the Range !!! Glad that you came over here and joined us playing in the dirt! Now we can talk about our gardens! :weeeWe had quite a storm on Saturday, tornadoes tore up several nearby towns. Here it comes again! Another storm rolling in this evening. Been trying to get more done in the garden, going to hit it today, then hunker down and let the storm roll through.

Tell us all about your garden! Whatcha' got growing?

Home on the Range

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks all for such a warm welcome!

what area are you in and how is your water supply?
@flowerbug, I am just south of the Albuquerque area next to what we in NM call a river. My pastures are watered based on the "river", which can be very scarce. The garden and greenhouses are supplied from a well. The ground water level where I am at is only about 15 feet down due to the location of the river.

@baymule, we just got hit by several hail storms. The ground looks like we just had a massive snow storm! Trees have been hit hard. Will need to check and see how bad it was and how much of the apple crop we lost. I am hoping for minimal damage...

Inside my greenhouses I have my aquaponics systems which is mostly leafy greens right now. I am hoping to expand later on. Outside in the dirt, I grow a lot of squash (until the bugs taken them out), green chile, jalapenos, bell peppers, tomatoes, okra, black eyed peas, onions, asparagus, rhubarb and a few new things I try each year just to see how they do.

Latest posts