**Greetings Earthworm Luvers**

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Jovial welcome to all symbiotic lifeforms, for mutual thought therapy interactions, from Mikey ZinHead Plant Detective. I will be attempting to develop cultivars for arid environments, turn my new location in the Sonoran Desert into an oasis nursery, hopefully someday this decade.

Varmit

Sprout
Reaction score
Western area of Mojave Desert, CA, Zone 8
Good luck to you. I'm in the Mojave, just at the base of the Sierras, so yes, middle of most people's nowhere. How's the rain/ monsoon doing this year?
Will you be selling to outside your area or only local? I miss the Paloverde and Ocatillos and believe they can be grown here.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Good luck to you. I'm in the Mojave, just at the base of the Sierras, so yes, middle of most people's nowhere. How's the rain/ monsoon doing this year?
Will you be selling to outside your area or only local? I miss the Paloverde and Ocatillos and believe they can be grown here.
I will be focusing only on plants which can be bred to produce cultivars that yield quality fruits in our environment.
Monsoons have mostly been clouds which passed us by without rain.
Less than (1/2) inch this entire year.
Normal is 14" per year.
Eventually, hopefully, selling wherever I can.
California has a mountain of extra hoops to jump through, so probably not California.
Hopefully, (AZ, NM, NV, Ut, Texas, Oklahoma).
One of my main OCD dreams is to develop a heat tolerant Asimina triloba aka PawPaw.
Hopefully, you get good rain 🌧 runoff from the mountains!
We at least have had cooler, cloudy, more humid days.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
For California, I would most likely establish a propagation nursery contract with a retail nursery which could legally ship into California.
I would probably bulk sell young clones & let other companies up pot & grow for a couple of years before selling.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just got more rain in the last 10 minutes, than the previous 7 months. Still a horrible drought.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from east Texas. Normally we are lush and green around here, but in a drought. Lost 6 huge oak trees around the house at the farm I just bought and they have been taken down. Free firewood! Free oak logs for sawmill! Grass is scorched, brown and crunchy. Fires are a problem.

Latest posts