Greetings from Nashville

Afrodigh

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello new friends! I found this community through BackyardChickens!

I have three Barred rock hens and a garden that seems to expand each year! I live on a quarter acre within Nashville city limits (zone 7). I’m determined to make the most of the land I’m on!

I have two raised beds out front for greens as well as another two beds with blackberries. I had a medium sized backyard garden this past season that I’m determined to expand!

Any other gardeners on here from Middle Tennessee?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Afrodigh! A quarter acre sounds heavenly compared to my postage size yard. Happy to have you join our group. You will meet a lot of nice people that are very willing to help you with your garden.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Louisiana, glad you found us. Grab an appropriate beverage, put your feet up, and join right in.

I was raised in the Cumberland Gap area of East Tennessee many decades ago and just moved down here from 3 acres in Arkansas. Instead of growing in a lot of space I'm learning to grow in raised beds in an urban setting with a 0.2 acre lot. Not from Middle Tennessee but I went to college at Tech in Cookeville.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

I have three Barred rock hens and a garden that seems to expand each year! I live on a quarter acre within Nashville city limits (zone 7). I’m determined to make the most of the land I’m on!

I have two raised beds out front for greens as well as another two beds with blackberries. I had a medium sized backyard garden this past season that I’m determined to expand!

welcome to the forums here. :)

i lived in eastern TN for a few years, but did not garden while there. still i have a lot of fond memories of hiking those parts of the AT i could get to and swimming in the reservoir.

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Live about 55 miles east and north of Nashville. Way out in the country. love it

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome from SE Missouri. I have relatives in Nashville. Love to visit them but hate that Nashville traffic.
You will find lots of good information here, and friendly folks to chat with.