Happenings

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been so busy. I have not had time to really concentrate on gardening. DD and I cleaned out the garage and I sold 50 some dozen canning jars, she sold her guitar. She had a couple of baby showers and I wanted her to have cash to buy things she needed still or wanted, so she had cash to get things still needed. I went to the doctor and my blood work was back to normal, but some different numbers were elevated and I found out they should not have drawn blood while I was on aspirin. The first set was elevated and I was on the blood thinner, so that test was not accurate and the next time on aspirin and I called the lab and they said if aspirin was in your system for 10 days before testing the test was not accurate. The doctor did not believe me, so i asked to go back to the hematologist. He says I have to be on the blood thinner for LIFE because I had TWO UNPROVOKED clotting events. I said I thought you said the chickenpox caused the first and he said cannot say it now because you had a second event. I said the number was still elevated. He said, no way that slight of an elevation could cause clotting. I said, when I left this office last year in July you said I was in DANGER because the number was slightly elevated still and to be on the blood thinner or aspirin and I did not do that, so I had a clotting event just like YOU SAID i would and now you say being slightly elevated would not cause it??? Why has it changed? Because YOU HAD TWO UNPROVOKED EVENTS. I said NO I DID NOT. We were actually yelling. I said well then what would cause the IgM number to be elevated and he said a VIRUS and I said like CHICKENPOX and he said we cannot say that now and any hematologist I went to would tell me I had to be on a blood thinner for life because OF 2 UNPROVOKED EVENTS. I am going to a nutrition doctor and find ways of eating and what things to take to not have thick blood which I think I do not have since my numbers are now normal and he did not even look and see my numbers were normal and I had to show him. I said, so my numbers now are in danger of going up and down and does not matter about blood work and he just looked at me because that made no sense and he makes no sense. He wants to know WHY I do not want to be on a blood thinner and I said SIDE EFFECTS and he said what side effects and I said who knows, but in a few years they will take it off the market and say too bad you took this, but now you are a goner and he laughed and said only side effect was BLEEDING and I said yeah, every time I get in a car, I am in DANGER if a wreck or fall on the ice or hit my head. I said if I ever did go on a blood thinner it would be warfarin (I did this to TRICK him). He said there is bleeding risk with it, but AT LEAST THERE IS A WAY OF REVERSING IT and I said yeah. So he agreed warfarin works, but he does not know I already searched and there is no difference between warfarin and aspirin, they both work. I do not even want to be on aspirin. I am bruising on baby aspirin once a day, so anyway I am preoccupied with this and want an answer. I have been sewing and that is more sitting. I made a tote bag for my crochet things to take to the hospital. DS and I will be in the waiting room. DD is due on the 5th. Can't wait. I am going tomorrow to the nutrition doctor. I did go to one a few months ago. He was too expensive and kind of a quack, well he was a quack. lol

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The new doctor I am going to believes stress can cause a lot of bad things, and the hematologist said a LITTLE STRESS like I had of my husband dying, having a viral infection, stress of financial and everything that happened to me was not enough to cause a clotting event, but the nurse had already said before he came in that stress does cause your blood to thicken and then to have the number already elevated, I say this was not an unprovoked event. I asked what was a provoked event and it is surgery, pregnancy, birth control pills, cancer, so I guess anything else is unprovoked, and they cannot find an answer. I read that they have found older people who come to the hospital with a pulmonary embolism for no reason, they have found evidence that within 3 month of coming to the hospital they had an infection or virus, like pneumonia. There is a connection and most people do not connect the 2 if the first happened a month or more before. I had chickenpox in May 2016 and was having shortness of breath in June. This second time I had a viral infection. I went to walk-in clinic in December and I had a swollen lymph node, sores in my mouth, fever and by Feb. I had shortness of breath. The hematologist had told me the first time that I would not have to worry about infections because the chickenpox was systemic and all over, but now I think I will have to worry but also if I lose weight, do not sit as much, and take supplements to thin blood and fight inflammation, I think I will be safe. I have to get to this point or just sit around thinking my blood is clotting 24/7. it is hard to relax thinking you should be moving and not sitting.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm glad you are trying and educating yourself on this topic, but like you have found out medicine is still an art as well as a science and there is much yet to learn.

everyone wants answers and sometimes there aren't any easy ones... both of my brother's have conditions that the doctors haven't figured out and it's been years.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Mary, sounds like things are still a bit stressful for you. Good for you for standing up to your doctor instead of meekly doing as prescribed when you have genuine questions and concerns about it.
We have to be our own advocates much of the time.

So exciting about your new grandbaby coming soon!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you researched homeopathic remedies?

I take a capsule of Black Seed Oil, nigella sativa, daily for arthritis inflammation in my left knee. I also rub on one capsule topically. I was taking 2 in the morning, and 2 at night, but it lowered my blood pressure, so I had to back off. My blood pressure is always 120 over 60 and it lowered to 99 over 50. I just looked it up and it does act as a blood thinner as well. Do your due diligence and study this stuff.

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/black_seed.htm

I bought this;

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Soft..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=ZFKS4XFM0GVKJ78RT2YT

Look it up and read about it. I take NO pharmaceuticals. None. I take a couple of vitamins and one capsule of Black seed oil. Sometimes I take some turmeric mixed with coconut oil to make a paste so I can wash it down with something that tastes better. I will use Arnicare topical cream on my knee. Just because it hurts, I don't stop living. I do the things I like to do. Both products help.

Research blood thinners homeopathic and see what you find. Look up the black seed oil and read up on it.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Baymule, I also tend to run low blood pressure and even cayenne pepper lower my blood pressure too much. Some of the reason of going to this doctor was to get help with what kind and the amount. I was spending so much money on supplements and never knowing for sure what I needed. The black seed oil is good. She is going to put me on fish oil. There will be recipes of how to make salad dressing and black seed oil may be used.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I went to the nutrition doctor and I am happy with her. I go back on Monday to get detailed plan. It also depends on what I can afford. It is all common sense things and things I already knew, but she did say something I did not think of. The quack doctor I went to, he really is not a quack, quack, just too much for me, but he also said the same, my liver. My liver is not working right, and even the doctor I went to in Kansas that I liked 30 years ago said the same. Your liver is like a drain and when it gets clogged it backs up and cannot filter your blood. To start with I will start walking 15 minutes a day. I will be eating about 70% vegetables. No grains, no sugar, no dairy, no potatoes. I sort of agree with this. The weight needs to come off. She will use fish oil for blood thinning and not sure what else or how much until Monday. I am already thinking of things I can plant for fall like lettuce and radishes. I am planning the garden for next year already and I want to have the rabbit manure ready to spread and work with the leaves as soon as I get the garden cleared off. She said I may have to invest in a computer than I can stand up and work. I sit a lot with typing since I am a medical transcriptionist. I feel she is right. The hematologist was right about the chickenpox, but there was more to it than that. I think the chickenpox was just too much and again in December I had a virus. If my blood is already too thick then it does not take much to send me over the edge, sitting, cold weather, bad veins, bad nutrition. Nobody knows what my blood work looked like before the chickenpox. Basically I need to eat better and exercise more. The amount of vegetables she is talking may have to be in smoothies to get enough each day.

Latest posts