HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2019

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope and pray that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving today. I love a huge gathering, the more the better, but today it is only me, DH and our son. We are having a 4 month old Easter Egger rooster, dressing, purple hull peas with home raised and smoked bacon ends in it (smells heavenly) grapefruit salad, sweet potato casserole the way my Grandmother made it, maybe some mashed potatoes, maybe not, gravy, sweet iced tea, pumpkin pie and cherry pie. Son is going to work on Monday in Baytown at the site of an Exxon refinery explosion from last July. It has been investigated, razed and is ready for new construction. He will be working a 12 hour shift for 13 days, one day off, until May. Since he will only have Christmas Day off, he will stay in his RV 5th wheel home and sleep. We are thankful to see him today.

Everyone have a great day, whether a crowd of people or not, today is a day to give thanks for all the good things in your life.

:rainbowflower Alex, I miss you. I am thankful for the time we spent together here on TEG, it was just not enough time for me. :rainbowflower

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving @baymule and all my dear T|EG friends. (Missing Alex :rainbowflower too.)
We will have 13 including grandsons as they are with my son this year for Turkey Day. To make it easier everyone brings something, I am providing Turkey, dressing, gravy and corn. Nothing fancy this year.
78082071_2745018512224087_3832378062427652096_n.jpg

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving! Our family is small, so just the three of us today, I am very lucky to actually have the day off. We are having homemade ravioli, green beans, and garlic bread. After spending the last three days making Thanksgiving dinners for others I wasn't in the mood to do something traditional here at home.

I am thankful for the life, friends, and family I have, and for everyone here and all of their support and knowledge. Thank you!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
This year is kind of different for me, too. My two most familiar (most used?) grand daughters are with their mother in Knoxville this year. :( My oldest son's wife of 20 years decided she wanted to play the field and have a little fun, so she kicked him out and got an ex parte against him. So he will be here, as opposed to most other years. He is so broken hearted it is palpable.
But my other son's two little boys are rambunctious and loud, so at least it won't be a quiet and too calm meal.
I hope all my friends here have a fun and fulfilling day. We all still have much to be thankful for.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A little different for us too. Our daughter-in law is hosting, as usual. My wife has a cold and will stay home to not spread it. She is not happy. Son is coming in from out of town (1-1/2 hour drive) for the meal but not staying. Daughter-in-law's father just had a back operation so he and her mother won't be there as usual.

So we'll have six instead of nine. It will be enjoyable but not the same.

Best to all of you!!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love Thanksgiving! Like Carol Dee's post said, there is always something to be thankful for. So much in fact that if we started making a list we would be amazed at the length of it, and we could never finish. For me this holiday is a good time to officially stop and do a blessing head count. It reminds me to tell others that I'm thankful that they are in my life and all that they mean to me. You all are included in that. :)

We are a small family also, and on the quiet side, but Kid#1's GF is joining us as usual and she is a bubbly funny gal so there will be plenty of laughter around the table. Two turkey breasts roasted yesterday and will be reheated in the crock pot, green beans , sweet potatoes, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh cranberry relish...forgetting something, but it will be a delightful feast with the kids. :love
I did all the prep yesterday, and the house is clean, so I can enjoy my coffee and visit with my friends here this morning. May brave the frigid (but sunny!) outdoors and horse around a little.

Happy Day everyone! :frow

Latest posts