Hats is tools~some may like~Buckaro Hatter

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I first mustered out of the service in 1970 I went to work repairing office equipment.
At that time I had a lot of hat cos. for customers in and around the St Louis area.
I'd bet today there aren't but one or two still in business, and they probably only make baseball caps.
What a shame, no one wears a proper hat today.

THANX RICH

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Lot's of men do~an women too, in Nevada and I'm sure in Texas, Idaho n several other states.
But, Yeh~ a proper hat in one thing. A baseball cap is like wearing sweat pants to town. When you put it that way, make a grown man wana weep, or yell something you can't say if front of the ladies.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I owned a Stetson, once. That was in the 70's.

Remember getting so much unsolicited advice from this guy in a bar once, about if'n I was taking it off, how I was supposed to set it down. "Stands to reason!" I remember him saying. Whenever I think of that phrase, I think of that guy.

Shoot. Reason narrowly escaped his thinking.

I continued wearing a hat nearly constantly when outdoors but that felt headgear only during real cold weather.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been wearing the same cotton canvass military / out back hat ( given to me by a herbicide researcher from Australia ) almost daily on my ranch for the past 27+ years. It is now getting some holes in the sides, miss shapen, white hat now turning brown from sweat, rain, ,garden dirt, corral dirt, horse sweat and poop, and sun burn. It has been machine washed too many times to count. :) :thumbsup

Latest posts