Have You Ever Left A Garden Center Empty Handed?

Have You Ever Left A Garden Center Empty handed ?

• Never I always leave with something

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Rarely but does happen

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • About half the time

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Most of the time, I have to really want something

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • All the time I only go to look

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rarely, but I only go when I need something. If they don't have it, I don't get it. I can remember two times I've walked away empty handed this spring because they did not have what I wanted.

I do occasionally make impulse purchases and sometimes I regret that, sometimes not. I got some Chinese cabbage on impulse and it was a mistake. The variety name is hard for me to spell, nichithi or something like that. It bolted before it grew enough to be used. But now I know not to try it here. Sometimes those impulses work out, sometimes they don't.

Kiki

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I too only go if i really need something.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I spend a lot of time at nurseries shopping for clients I'm at my weakest. Then I'll buy myself something that grabs me.

When I'm in a hurry and there for a specific item I usually don't impulse shop.
Usually...:oops:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD wanted to go to Wolf Lake swap meet (it has become more a conglomerate of things-animals, plants and old tools, guns, etc) and left with NoTHING. Almost impossible for me. I'm ready to be out of the chicken business-no more frozen waterers, getting somebody to take care while gone, etc. DD told Mom I bought a hen to go with lone rooster. Was she mad..... didn't tell her the truth till late in day. So funny......

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, I have. Usually it's when I'm looking for a specific plant or veggie, like s h i s h i to peppers. ;) Still haven't found them.

I've also been known to go "window shopping" at the Home Depot garden center. :p

Mary

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I often leave with nothing I have more time than money. I do like to look at the different varieties. I also have a small garden. I am thinking about starting more things in containers so if I move I can take it with me.

Latest posts