Heat, for your Growing Season

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Accumulating seasonal warmth????? :th :th :th We've got all the "seasonal warmth" we ever wanted and then some...you folks who need some can have some of ours. We are looking at another week coming up with temps in the 90s, heat index will likely be in the 100s and humidity levels above 80%.

This whole spring and summer thus far has been unseasonably warm for these parts...I wouldn't want to accumulate any more of that. o_O

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those of us who missed the Strawberry Full Moon last night ..

(We had a pretty good chance of a shower but all that happened here at home was the overcast skies :confused:.)

. we are to shed self-imposed limitations! Yes, focus on yourself and the Earth and be active ... well, that is what I got out of the astrology of it all ;).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like some of the story across the US

Warmer than normal, this year.

It doesn't mean quite as much for the northern tier nor the PNW coast. Roads through Glacier National Park have been cleared of snow so there is a place for some of you to cool off. Finding more ripe raspberries, here.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
going to be in the mid-90s soon. summer is on.

didn't see moon last night, was really thick/muggy/foggy after heavy rain.

made pickles last night and washed up my dishes from earlier.

have to go out and check beans that need to be coaxed towards fence so they'll climb and see how drowned garden looks. i think it had all soaked in or drained off by last night so perhaps won't lose plants. i thought for sure it would take a day longer than that considering there's nothing but clay around and under it, but perhaps it found an outlet to one of my drain tubes. there are some layers of sand here or there and ground springs so it just may have... sump pump has been running regularly...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty much the same temps here as @flowerbug , but so far - with only one exception - the torrential rains have avoided us. :fl Very heavy rains in northern Wisconsin, strong thunderstorms to the south... we seem to be in the "Goldilocks zone" this year. (That is actually normal for our area, storms tend to split just to the west of the Fox Valley, and go around us to the north & south ends of Lake Winnebago.)

Plenty of heat this year, this is already our 3rd trip into the 90's, with another round predicted next week. Miserable temps for people, but as a dedicated gardener, I'll put up with the temporary discomfort, and commiserate over the resultant bounty of fresh vegetables. :drool (Right now, that emoji is both sweating & salivating. :D) The garden is growing so fast now you can almost watch the pole beans climbing. We had such a cool summer last year (it only hit 90 once) that okra & yardlong beans were failures, so this heat is welcome.

My satisfaction with this weather is tempered by the realization that it is being paid for by really intolerable heat further South, hope all of you in those regions can all find ways to stay cool.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
for those also on the path of slow roasting you can also contemplate this for a while and image how it feels...

pc140016_Snowy_Spiral_thm.jpg