HECM

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago, Ocean Lending sent a full color laminated oversize postcard addressed to my wife. :thShe is pre- approved for $135,358 for a Federal Government insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgage at 4.99% ( 6.799 % apr) ... never make a mortgage payment as long as you live in this home, just pay property taxes and insurance. WOW what a deal !!! :celebrate But wait ... This offer is only for my wife,however BOTH of us are on the title, so they can't possibly make this mortgage without my approval and signature. :eek: That amount is what our current mortgage balance hapense to be. Out of curiousity, I called 3 of the top Real Estate Brokers in SW Washington for what they thought that our home would sell for. As of this morning our home, in it's current condition, is worth 2.5X MORE than this very generous ( NOT) offer. :th Doing the math ... $135,258 x 2.5= $338,135 +/- - $135,358 = $203,737 is what my wife will have given away to this very generous ( ? ) lending institution. Now, when I finish installing a new modern 60 inch electric fireplace, and new flooring ... our home will be worth $50,000+ more. :weee REVERSE MORTGAGE AT IT'S FINEST !!! :( :rant :somad Be VERY careful of what the big bad wolf offers. :old

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We paid off our old house and it was great not to make a house note. We bought this place, financed it. Sold old house and paid off this one. Win/win. I would never, ever do a reverse mortgage or a home equity loan either. Your home is where you live! Do not put it a risk with unscrupulous people!

Latest posts