Hello from CA!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your chickens can make you fabulous compost. Does your coop have a dirt floor? Do you have a run for them or do they mainly free range?

BTW, WELCOME to TEG!!!! Glad to have you here, we will be glad to help you all we can!

Madhouse Pullet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome! I live in the Stockton area.
I have 3 chickens, 2 hens & 1 pullet.

Made lots of beginners mistakes 😅 DH built my coop & run for me on a dirt floor:
20200702_202808_original.jpg

then realized it was below the rest of the area's level and had to raise it. We didn't level the ground because I was impatient :hide and it caused a ripple effect of issues. So, lesson was learned but I am quite happy with it.

Initially had 6 chicks and 2 ducklings that free-range the backyard but, with a pool and a small coop, it wasn't enough space. Gave my mom the ducks and 2 chickens (a cockerel and pullet). 1 pullet died from my huskies - my fault for not better protecting the barrier. Another lesson learned.

I use mini-shavings for the coop, and a combination of shavings and dried leaves from the yard in the run and they free-range half the backyard.

Madhouse Pullet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hello and welcome from Washington! CA is a super great area for gardening. I lived there for many years and had a really large garden! Plants and people alike love the weather there!
I cant argue about the weather! I don't think I could handle snow :p
The people vary from community but, I love California.
Washington is pretty, too! My godmother lives in Bellevue :)