Hello from East Texas

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi all,
I moved Southeast of Sulphur Springs, TX last January. I have gardened in four different states and too many cities to count.

I enjoy growing flowers, but my favorite kind of gardening is vegetables and medicinal herbs.

I'm looking forward to meeting other gardening enthusiast, here on The Easy Garden.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, Devonviolet, glad you came. Do you use the medicinal herbs in any particular way? (Make salves, teas, etc?) There are several people on here that are "into" herbs, but I, for one, have a LOT to learn. We will probably be picking your brain a bit.
I bet Texas would be great for growing herbs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well a BIG HOWDY!! Devonviolet and I, along with our DH's met face to face yesterday! We became friends on BYH, we both were moving to the same area for the same reason of moving closer to family. I gave her a feedstore report yesterday, so they drove over and toured the feedstore, plus bought things they needed. Then they came by for a visit. We all enjoyed meeting each other. I told her how much fun we have here on TEG and here she is! Haha! Y'all have another (transplanted ) Texan to deal with! Put down roots Devonviolet and DH, Texas is where you is and where you're gonna stay!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Devonviolet! I'm jealous that you've met baymule and I haven't. She is a wonderful person. Yes, you are going to love this place. It has a lot of very nice people with a wide range of gardening experiences. Are your garden beds ready for spring?

Mary

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi, Devonviolet, glad you came. Do you use the medicinal herbs in any particular way? (Make salves, teas, etc?) There are several people on here that are "into" herbs, but I, for one, have a LOT to learn. We will probably be picking your brain a bit.
I bet Texas would be great for growing herbs.
Hi so lucky.:frow Thank you for your welcome. Yes, I use herbs for many different things, teas, slaves, lotions, deodorant, bug spray, cough syrup and general health maintenance.

I'm looking forward to growing herbs here, in Texas. As Baymule said, I moved here (with DH) to be closer to family (DD - in Dallas), from PA. We moved in the midst of 100 degree temps, so I couldn't bring my herbs with me and will have to start from scratch. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from other herb growers here on TEG, especially those from Texas and other (hot) Southern states.

Latest posts