SimJennKim

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm still working on my green thumb and decided to go from just container gardening to square foot gardening (on a small spot of the backyard)...I still have small kiddos so don't want to take away too much of their running/playing space.

I plan on doing the following this year:

** In Containers/5 Gallon Buckets/4x4 Garden Beds**
- Sweet Potatoes
- Strawberries (Maybe)
- Radishes
- Tomatoes
- Carrots
- Onions
- Turnips
- Honeydew Melon
- Cantaloupe

** What I've been planting for years in the Aerogardens (have it going now as well)**
- Lettuce
- Kale
- Spinach

I've done Lettuce and Spinach in the backyard...in containers and the bugs devoured them. So that's why I do them only in Aerogardens now. I'm also really the only one that will eat these greens. My daughter does sometimes, my son is too young to eat them, and my husband is a meat and potato man.

** In the front will be doing a butterfly garden**
My daughter loves to follow me around and asked this year if she could garden with me. So I told her since she loves butterflies and it's good to help the bees and butterflies...that we will grow a butterfly garden in the front yard. She's excited but there's a lot of grass I'm going to have to kill off. Wish me luck! haha

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from SE Missouri. Moore is known for that terrible tornado there a few years back. Did you suffer damage in it? (Sorry for asking, if it is painful for you. We're kind of in tornado alley here, too, so it's a sensitive issue)
Anyway, welcome to this friendly forum.:)

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor. I have some kinfolk around Muskogee. Good luck with your garden and remember that even losses teach us something about gardening. Some years it seems somethings just won't grow and other years they will.

Latest posts