Hello from Ohio!

Shizuka

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Jessica, and I live in North East Ohio, growing zone 6A. I love to grow flowers and food, but I am absolutely terrible at starting from seed. I also have other hobbies such as raising chickens and studying the Japanese language. I'm terrible at these intros, but I'm happy to be here!

Shizuka

Leafing Out
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :)

how have your gardens been doing this year?
My gardens have been doing so-so. Some of the plants, like my tomatoes, have really taken off, whereas others (like the beets) just didn't go anywhere. My roses got pretty eaten up by Japanese beetles too, but they left the one little peach tree alone after killing its buddy last year. It's been a weird year!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My gardens have been doing so-so. Some of the plants, like my tomatoes, have really taken off, whereas others (like the beets) just didn't go anywhere. My roses got pretty eaten up by Japanese beetles too, but they left the one little peach tree alone after killing its buddy last year. It's been a weird year!

it certainly has been a weird year! JB's normally do some damage to things here too - mostly in the beans. if i can get out and pick them off it does help to limit the damage but i don't always get out in time for some plants.

Latest posts