Hello from the Texas Hill Country!

UnconsciousSmurfette

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So glad to have found this site! Please don't be intimidated by my name...I'm actually quite not-good in the garden :(

I'm hoping to get lots of ideas and tips from here and get my kids dirty and interested in growing things on their own. Looking forward to learning from all of you!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! If you lived in Idaho, @thistlebloom I know would love to have your kids in her summer gardening class. They learn a lot and have lots of fun!

Looking forward to getting to know you and your garden.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome *UnconsciousSmurfette! :frow
This is a great place to come for tips and advice. Many of TEGs folks are awesome gardeners that I learn from all the time! And also friendly :).

I just learned something from you too, - Smurfs garden? (I'm not up on Smurfy knowledge, haha)

*Stick around long enough and we'll probably give you some sort of nickname, because that is a lot of typing right there! :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@UnconsciousSmurfette :welcome from Eastern IA. TX is a BIG state. But I bet @baymule will be by to give you a neighborly welcome. ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from another Texan, I live near Tyler. Gardening isn't that hard, start with those 6 packs of vegetable plants at Walmart or other stores. Stick them in the ground, water and go for it! We'll be here to help you.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Yeh, welcome unconswhatthe heckkinda sname?
Well, Hill country Texans, are they better shots than the one on bottom land?
Come round real often and maybe we can learn a couple things from you. And have a good day into the bargain.

Latest posts