Hello from VA

rdback

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Northern Shenandoah Valley of VA - Zone 6B
Hi Folks.

Been gardening for many years, with primary interests in Chiles (peppers lol), Tomatoes and Beans, but I grow other things as well. Beans are what brought me here, at least initially.

Looking forward to chatting with y'all.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to the forum from Arkansas, glad you found us! :frow Make yourself at home. Jump in any of the threads and join the fun :frow

It's almost time for the fall bean show to start on Bluejay's thread. I'm going to be a bit boring on that this year, I've tried growing outcrosses and last year had a lot of new color/pattern combinations. This year most of them have stabilized so I'm pretty much getting what I planted and so far the few new ones are mostly just black. But I still have several I haven't gotten any yet so we'll see what the final tally is.

Are you growing some of Russ's beans? If not you certainly need to check out his thread and website if you are interested in beans.

http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/

The last couple of years I've ordered some live pepper plants from a lady in New Jersey, paprika last year and Cayenne this year. She has a huge selection of pepper plants on her website. http://www.chileplants.com/ I'll probably get some more next year but I haven't decided just what yet. If you are into peppers you may enjoy scrolling through her site.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome rdback to our group. Glad to have you. Tell us more about your garden. Any fruit trees, chickens, other animals? Do post pictures!

Mary

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello from North Idaho! :frow This is the place to be if you grow anything, wonderful folk and a staggering amount of knowledge is at your fingertips. Be prepared to spend some time reading threads.:caf

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Hey there neighbor!
I'm in VA too.
sSig_welcome4.gif

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy, @rdback, from southest, central-est Wisconsin. So happy to have you growing with us.

You're gonna love the bean thread iff'en you like growing beans. We've got the creme-de-la-creme of bean variety preservation experts here.

Latest posts