Hey Flowerbug

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just reading about WSU having delayed classes yet again this month because of dangerous travel conditions. I wondered if the University of Idaho ~ just 8 miles away ~ was having the same trouble. What did I find:

Earthworms Answer Questions (link)

Well ... They Didn't Have an Answer to My Question!

But of course, I thought of @flowerbug ;).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just reading about WSU having delayed classes yet again this month because of dangerous travel conditions. I wondered if the University of Idaho ~ just 8 miles away ~ was having the same trouble. What did I find:

Earthworms Answer Questions (link)

Well ... They Didn't Have an Answer to My Question!

But of course, I thought of @flowerbug ;).

Steve

thank you! i enjoyed reading that. i thought of you last night because i met a guy named Tomato Jim. he had a very large collection of tomatoes... i didn't get his contact info, but i'm sure i could get it if you're interested. heehee (seed hoarder enabler moi?) :)

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you dreaming of a tropical homestead, @flowerbug ?

Just don't wake up on a February morning and think you can go for a swim in one of those fields nearby.

Whitecaps?

Splash.JPG

"... we associate the word vanilla with plain, boring, and commonplace." Nonsense! Tests have shown that our perception of sweetness is greatly enhance by the addition of vanilla.

I like vanilla. Like all nuts but much prefer the flavor of vanilla in coffee ... if'n I'm not gonna drink it black.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've gotten off sugar in my coffee at last, now gradually weaning off the powdered creamer stuff (we call it artery hardener :) ). if we remember today i'm going to pick up some Postum or any other budget fake coffee substitute so i can blend it with instant coffee and gradually get off caffiene.

as a treat i put real vanilla in my coffee. Mom has a connection who goes to Mexico once in a while and he brings her a bottle of vanilla when she gets low. so wonderful variety of flavors compared to the generic vanilla you find at the stores. the one i like the most so far i think is called Dancy or something like that.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those old threads of mine about trying to limit caffeine ...

:)

My experience with both Postum and the fig drink go back to childhood and Mom. I can no longer remember the name of the instant fig beverage, it wasn't Coffig. That is used the same way as ground coffee beans. It's sweet because figs are sweet. I wouldn't be developing any drinking habits with it at 100% but it was sure easy to cut coffee use (& caffeine) by half.

Steve
drinks as much oolong tea as coffee ...

Latest posts