Hi all. New from Arkansas

brwalden

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hello there new to this site. Several of you I recognize from BYC. Love to garden of any kind. Been gardening several years. I currently have a medium sized veggie garden with red and white potatoes planted. Two types of tomatoes (2 rows) jalapeños, broccoli, yellow summer squash, cucumbers, okra, green beans and sweet potatoes. In the fruit category I've expanded quite a lot this year. Prior to this year I've been growing peaches, plums, pears, and nectarines. This year I've added a bed of strawberries, a bed of 6 blueberry bushes (with plans to add more), 15 tame blackberry plants, and a columnar apple tree call " Golden Sentinal". Would like to get one more of those next spring. I would love to add a couple cherry trees to my orchard this next season or maybe in the fall. I have 3 pecan trees that I ordered from Stark Bros. little twigs when they arrived but they are over head high now. Oh and this week I also bought 6 " Nova" raspberry plants. I'm fortunate to live very near to around a dozen nurseries that offer a great variety of fruit and veggie plants. One I visited last weekend actually sell primarily to Lowes and Stark Bros and several other big dogs. But the gentleman sells locally as well. Prices are so much better cutting out all the middle men. I can afford to buy a lot more at once. The wife doesn't fruit or veggie garden any but she does enjoy flower gardening. We have 3 flower beds around the outside of our home and many, many more in pots and hanging baskets scattered around.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy :frow @brwalden :welcome from eastern Iowa where the Mississippi runs east to west! Your garden sounds like a little bit o heaven, :) Like Mary said, we love pictures. ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Sounds like all kinds of fun at your house! Looking forward to seeing some pics...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor, glad you found us. I'm up in the Northwest corner outside Prairie Grove.

I haven't had much luck with cherries but I got 3 pints of blueberries off two bushes (first picking) and 1-1/2 gallons of mulberries off of one tree this morning.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi Mr. Walden, Good to have you aboard. You have berry patches and vines~Orchard~ you're up to or ahead of a lot of us. sure like to see some of what you are doing at your place. Glad you came by, round here there are some good gardeners that don't take themselves too seriously but do get some growing done.

I'll watch for your posts and threads.

Richard

Latest posts