Hi everyone, I'm in Tennessee

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm a member of BYC and thought I would sign up here, too. I'm an avid gardener :tools who also grows vegetable plants/sets in my greenhouse to sell. I have been getting tomatoes out of my garden since June 7th, cukes for about a week, zuchinni and squash (way too much and way too long). Last night we dug :weight three 90 ft rows of potatoes. We love growing what we eat!

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
sounds like you stay busy that is a lot of potatoes :eek: to be digging up! We picked our first tomato yesterday and I have too many cukes also.

Penny

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
From one Volunteer to another Welcome and I am sooooooo jealous of your picking tomatoes.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome Punkin! :)

When were the potatoes planted?

I know this is a gardening board, but I got a mystery chick from McMurray. It had me stumped. It's a soft blue, and I now suspect Andalusian. How do you like yours? Are they as large as I've heard? How are their personalities? (The rest of my flock are heavy layers, and Ameraucanas.)

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tutter said:
Welcome Punkin! :)

When were the potatoes planted?

I know this is a gardening board, but I got a mystery chick from McMurray. It had me stumped. It's a soft blue, and I now suspect Andalusian. How do you like yours? Are they as large as I've heard? How are their personalities? (The rest of my flock are heavy layers, and Ameraucanas.)
They were planted about the first of April. The weather was perfect for them, but for the past 2 weeks it has turned off dry.

As far as the blues: I've only had mine for about a week now. They are about 18 weeks old. They are very curious. I really do like them. When I hand feed them treats they are the first in line. They are not quite as large as my Ameraucanas, although they seem more solid. I only have 2 and they seem to stick side by side. I don't have any eggs yet. I have posted pictures of them on BackYard Chickens under the same author name.

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome. I wandered over here from BYC. I have learned a lot in a short time. I think you will have some fun.:bun

I am green with envy on your harvest. Nothin here but some lettuce. I am thankful for that at least. It's yummo!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's wonderful when you have a season that has perfect conditions for gardening. My potatoes look good, but aren't ready to harvest.

That's interesting. I've got 11 breeds in this chick order, but the little blue seems to be a bit pushier than the others. Perhaps it's a rooster. These are only a couple of weeks old.

I do see same-breed chicks stick together in other breeds at times. My 2 light Brahmas stay together, for example, as do the pair of Dominiques.

Well, thank you for the answer. I'll go over and look for the photos! :)

Latest posts