Hi from Texas

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi. I'm pretty new here. I hang out mostly in the bean thread.

I used to be a large scale gardener, but age and health caught up with me. These days a few tomatoes, beans, okra and cowpeas are mostly what I grow.

This year, I hope to continue working on stabilizing a miniature Okra. I'm on F4, so still a long ways away.

I also collect rare beans and try to save them from becoming extinct.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
.Hmoosek ~ calling in from Texas ~ will get you a warm welcome ~ nice you coming by ~ glad you did ~ come on in ~ make more noise ~ so we know you'r comfortable```

Well ~ look for you ~ on the main line ~ till then````

as always

Richard

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi HmooseK! Thanks for making an intro post, it's good to have you here. :)

Is there a story to your name?

I like moose, we have them visit us frequently in the fall and winter. And sometimes spring and summer!

DSCN2228.JPG

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah there is. About 20 years ago, I started out with the handle HairyMooseKnuckles. Back then, it was just funny nickname. Then for some reason, someone turned that word into something dirty, so I've had to condense it. I wasn't even aware someone had turned it into a dirty word until about 2 months ago I got a pm from a moderator of another forum and he informed me of it. I didn't believe him at first until I googled it and sure nuff it is. So, now I guess I'll just have to go with this abbreviation of it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to another bean friend. :)

i know how times can change. one of my long time on-line handles (in usenet, which means the handle goes back to the early 80s) is bird related. when Twitter came along they messed up my fun. *tweet*

one reason why i have flowerbug here in TEG.

FeyMoose would be a bit radical/edgy. :)

i've never seen a moose in the wild. came close a few times. no luck. lived up north near enough to some places that had them, but all the times i went looking none to be found.