Hi!

Fluffs_flock

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and new to gardening. I don't have anything exciting -yet- but hopefully in a few months all will be green and good!
Any suggestions for a first time gardener?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
hello from mid-Michigan, for new gardeners there is so much to learn, but don't worry you'll get it figured out sooner or later. experience is always the best teacher but if you like reading how i've done things here over the years i have the thread where i post updates and more details:

and this thread seems recent enough with some details too:

on the TEG sister site SS:

and on the permaculture site that doesn't work well any more but the thread is still there going back to the fall of 2013:

if you have plenty of time to read and it is winter after all use the search function and put in keywords you are interested in and other phrases or even longer things. :)

any questions you have send a PM (personal message) or reply in the thread as we're all happy to talk about gardening here and don't mind it if we have the time to reply.

still, i think that all the reading aside, the teacher you will get the most from is experience. :)

easy things to grow for us have been: cucumbers, peas, beans, lettuces, winter greens, strawberries, tomatoes, rhubarb and onions. not that i mean easy in terms of effort, but that they usually grow and give some returns for your efforts. :)

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello from Wisconsin! Jump in anytime, we welcome hearing about others gardening experiences, and don't bite much. ;) The only stupid question is the one not asked. Please post your location in your avatar, it helps us to give advice best suited to your climate.

Latest posts