High Desert

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Oldest daughter took these, maybe they can be posted without resizing. RESIZED~Lots to eat on the High Desert,,,, if you're a horse.

Attachments

• HD 1.JPG
    HD 1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 270
  • HD2.JPG
    HD2.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Hd3.JPG
    Hd3.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 329
  • hd4.JPG
    hd4.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 322

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great pics, Richard. I love to observe the various plants that are indigenous to a particular area. Certainly different from the plants (weeds) we have around here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you back, down the hill, Richard?

You need to take anything for altitude sickness?

Shoot. You have a very different annual migration and daily environment than most people! This summer, if I can get up to a high near-alpine meadow beside a cold crystal-clear streamlet, I will reflect a little on all that.

Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Greetings Steve, No, I've had work, things to do, so the family has stayed on the mountain, until.
AND, there has been so much rain and snow in the mountains that it was tough on the girls with the cows and the mud. I guess the drought is over, for a while.
We, the girls,all three, will be at the fairs with the Service Dogs. I'm free to help them or be with them, what ever I can do.

nevadaservicedogs.org

No problem with altitude sickness, living in the mountains your body breathes deeper. We/you are designed for the mountains, we have 5 times the lung capacity needed for sea level. When, years ago, the Olympics were held in Mexico City 1968, our team trained at here in the mountains.
The 1960 Winter Olympics were held here at Squaw Valley, again the training was done up here.

Last edited:

Latest posts