Home Depot Seed Racks

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
With another snow storm coming I ran to HD for bags of sand. Sand is dog safe to use on ice. By the doors to outside yard seed racks where out and filled. There was also seed starting mix and trays. Why is it Christmas stuff put out in Oct irritates me, while spring garden stuff put out in Jan doesn't ?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, it's not like the stuff is useless. A lot of early to earlyish things up here like pansies need to be started indoors as early as FEBRUARY if you want to get plants from your seed big enough to take going out on time. Tomato seed is supposed to be started in February up here too, so they will be ready for the cold frame (or my eternal dilemma since I don't have one or space for one, keep plants indoors till it's time to go out and watch them get too leggy to survive or wait until it is warm enough to sow outside and have them not have enough time to fruit). So having the supplies ready now isn't all that dumb if you want a little time to get things set up.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just check the dates on those seeds, make sure it is this year's seeds and not last years. You'd think they'd take care of that for you but I like to check myself.

I asked the lady at the Mom 'n Pop garden center why she had plants and such out so early, way to early to plant. She said people with greenhouses buy them. They are covering different customers, not juts me.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've tried several times to find local suppliers of seeds from a certain company which has local distributors, but they don't restock until closer to spring.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
With another snow storm coming I ran to HD for bags of sand. Sand is dog safe to use on ice. By the doors to outside yard seed racks where out and filled. There was also seed starting mix and trays. Why is it Christmas stuff put out in Oct irritates me, while spring garden stuff put out in Jan doesn't ?

Because garden stuff is useful and the sooner you find the seeds you want, the sooner you can come up with a plan!
yesss.gif

Latest posts