Home Made Apple Pie

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I came into work today to home made apple pie, well it was a pie by time I got in there was a slice left. Yesterday my guys went to a senior's house and cut the grass. She made a pie as thank you. Nobody makes pie like a little old lady :hide I can not remember last time I had pie made in a Pyrex pie plate. Once at a yard sale my aunt found a whole stack for a quarter each, you would have thought she won the lottery.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too!

I make apple pie like my Mom. We taught DW to make that and she must qualify as a little old lady ;).

But I come closer to Mom's pie than she does!

:D Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to love my clear pyrex pie pans, but then I inherited a white one from my mom. I like the way the bottom of the crust browns much better in the white one. I don't know why it does that. But now I'm hungry for pie. Thanks, Nyboy.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky my mother had a white pan with a blue flower it was her Lasagna pan. I one day broke it stores no longer had them I replaced it with a pyrex pan. My mother did not like. This was before ebay I spent 3 years looking in thrift shops and yard sales before finding one.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure glad they saves you a slice! I would be very upset if it was me and they hadn't. :p Love anything homemade.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You paid them. They did nothing for the lady-except their job. It's all you. Now IF they refused pay or did it after work, I take a different view.